Dear Black Bears,
Please first allow us to congratulate you on your perseverance and grit during this very strange and ever-changing landscape. Attending college over these past 9 months has provided many challenges. You have continued to thrive under these circumstances and have shown your commitment to achieving your educational goals.
As you know, our current public health crisis related to the Covid-19 Pandemic continues to worsen and is not expected to stabilize until late winter or early spring.
Because of this situation and to protect our students and employees, Pennsylvania Highlands Community College has made the decision to start the Spring 2021 semester in the following manner:
- The semester will begin on Tuesday, January 19, 2021 and end on Monday, May 10, 2021 The revised Spring 2021 academic calendar can be viewed at https://www.pennhighlands.edu/calendar
- Most classes scheduled for in-person instruction will begin the semester virtually. Some clinical and lab sections will be meeting in-person.
- You will receive a text after December 15, 2020 with a link to your updated schedule.
- We will continue to monitor the situation and hope to transition back to in-person instruction as soon as possible. We will give students a two-week notice before this transition occurs.
- All buildings will remain open so that students have access to technology and WIFI services, all academic and student support offices, and the bookstore when needed (please check the building operating hours of your location).
- If you have questions about your schedule, please contact the Registrar’s Office at 814-262-6439.
Please know that there are a multitude of supportive services available to you at Pennsylvania Highlands. Feel free to reach out to our Student Success Center (814-262-6451) for assistance with academic needs such as tutoring, any mental and/or physical health issues you may be dealing with, disability support services, advising and scheduling assistance, and assistance with personal issues that may be impacting your success. We want to see you continue to make progress toward your educational goals. We will do all that we can to help make that happen.
We look forward to seeing you soon,
Trish A. Corle, Vice President of Student Services