When looking at the list of courses for the term you will notice the Schedule Section. Below is a break-down of each of the schedule components.
Depending on the the course type, you may have one or more Instructors listed for the course
This is the Day/Time that the course will meet.
In the case of an online course the Date/Time will be blank, as this is set by the instructor.
These are the start and end dates for the course.
The course location format is as follows: Campus/Room.
- The first component Campus location, will be coded as follows: RICH = Richland Campus,
BLAIR = Blair, EBEN = Ebensburg, SOM = Somerset, HUNT = Huntingdon. The second component Room, will be the specific room at that location.
- Online courses will be coded with the first component (Campus) as ONLIN, and the third component (Room) will be WEB.
- Internships will be coded with the first component as the specific campus it is located, and the third component will be INT.
Virtual Classroom/Zoom: Virtual Classroom involves a live faculty member who provides instruction in real-time, thus allowing for discussion, clarification, and pivoting from the original lesson plan to best meet the needs of the learner. Virtual Classroom instruction most typically uses Zoom conferencing platform and allows for an instructor to deliver lesson plans much as they would in a traditional classroom setting. Students can ask questions, garner needed clarity, and interact with academic content instantaneously with the support of an instructor. For example:
• ACC150.1A.10 Accounting Principles 1 Tues/Thurs 9:25AM - 10:50AM VIRT (Students must login to ZOOM at this day and time to attend class). You can tell if your class is a Virtual Classroom section if the room is VIRT (for Virtual) and there is a day and time assigned for the class meeting.
Video Conference: Students attend class on campus at a scheduled day and time. The class is connected to another class at one of our other sites. Both classes are taught by the same instructor. For example:
• CRJ150.1A.10 Juvenile Justice – Tues/Thurs 10:50AM – 12:05PM A142 (this class is in RICHLAND) AND CRJ150.1C.65 Tues/Thurs 10:50AM - 12:05PM S209 (this class is in SOMERSET. Both sections occur at the same time with the same instructor BUT occur at different campuses. Students sit in a specially equipped room and can be seen by each other and can interact with each other over video.
Online Learning: Online learning uses web-base tools and the Brightspace platform which allows instructors to post resources, assignments, and discussions online. While there may be weekly activities to be completed, there are no scheduled class meetings in this format. Students need to devote time to explore the content, complete assignments, and interact with peers. Students still have the ability to meet with faculty either by email, phone, or Zoom when needed.
Hybrid Class: A hybrid class provides a combination of both in-person or virtual/Zoom and online learning. Students will meet at minimum once per week with their instructor for lecture on a specified day(s) and time(s). A portion of the class will be instructed
online, under the guidance of the instructor. The online learning portion of a hybrid class does not occur at a scheduled day or time; it is considered asynchronous. The class schedule will confirm when lecture is scheduled each week and in which format (in-person or virtual/Zoom).
In-Person Class: Students attend class meetings at a scheduled day and time each week. Classes occur typically two days per week or one day per week. The day and time of class(es) are noted on your schedule.
IncludED Course: This special code means that the e-textbook and all online access codes required for the course are included with the cost of tuition. Any student enrolled in courses with an IncludED Course Materials Fee will have access to electronic course materials on the first day of class. through the college's learning management system.