Bridget Hall, LSW
to schedule an appointment (Phone, Zoom or in-person appointments can be arranged)
Counseling Services are available to help you deal with issues in your personal life that may negatively affect your academic achievement. We want you to succeed and welcome the opportunity to meet with you to discuss your concerns.
Typical problems that can be addressed in a brief session include: stress, test anxiety, bereavement, sexual assault, pregnancy, relationship problems, financial difficulties, poor grades, substance abuse, and traumatic experiences.
Primary Office Location: Student Success Center, Room B125 Richland
* The Counselor does travel to all center locations during semester.
Appointments: Call 814-262-6451 (Main Student Success Center) or 814-262-6467 (Office #)for an appointment or simply stop in the office:
Zoom, in-person telephone counseling available pending Counselor availability.
Student Success Center Fall/Spring Hours: Monday and Thursday 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
*Counselor hours vary week to week. Reach out via email or phone or stop in the Success Center to schedule an appointment.
Fees: Counseling is free for registered students
Services Available: Only short-term counseling is available. Referrals to outside agencies can be made for problems requiring medical intervention or an extensive number of sessions.
Privacy: Everything you discuss with your counselor is confidential. There are limits to confidentiality that can be discussed with the Counselor. Your contacts with us will never become a part of your academic record.
Limits to Confidentiality include:
- If there is evidence that the student poses a clear and imminent danger to self
- If the student threatens to harm others, including death, assault or other physical harm.
- Suspicion or evidence of abuse or neglect of anyone under the age of 18, elderly, or person with a disability.
- A legitimate subpoena or court order is received.
- If the client signs a release of information form allowing the Counselor to provide specific information regarding counseling sessions to specific parties.
- The Counselor may consult with the Student Success Center Staff, when appropriate, in order to provide the highest quality care.